- Remind us of the need to address the grave human rights violations against LGBT Filipinos; that victims of these violations must be given justice and that perpetrators must be arrested and punished.
- Respect the sexual and reproductive health and rights of all people regardless of SOGI by the passage of the Reproductive Health bill – House Bill 4244 and Senate bill 2865.
- Safeguard the retention of SOGI provisions of Senate Bill 2814. The bill, “the Anti-Ethnic, Racial or Religious Discrimination and Profiling Act,” which aims to penalize all forms of discrimination, has passed third reading in the Senate and is close to being finalized in Congress. The LGBT community is gravely concerned that anti-LGBT forces led by the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) will succeed in removing the SOGI provisions of SB 2814.
- Demand the inclusion of SOGI in the ASEAN Declaration of Human Rights, which is being finalized and will be presented in the ASEAN Plus Summit in November 2012 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Our Mission. Our Vision
- LADLAD PARTYLIST
- OUR MISSION is to protect and promote human rights and access to justice of LGBTs. To raise awareness and sensitize Philippine society about LGBT issues and concerns. To address health issues and concerns of LGBTs. To initiate economic and social support projects for LGBTs, especially those marginalized. OUR SOCIETAL VISION is a society free from gender and sexuality-based oppression, prejudice, discrimination and stereotyping. OUR ORGANIZATIONAL VISION, Ladlad Partylist is an inclusive, sustainable, and responsive national LGBT organization that endeavors to consolidate, empower, strengthen and represent the LGBT community.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
ON April 21, 2012 Filipino lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT), will join the Worldwide LGBT Civil Rights March1 to demand equal rights and respect for human rights of all people regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI).
Pegged Worldwide LGBT Civil Rights March – Manila, the multisectoral event was made possible by LADLAD LGBT party-list, Amnesty International Philippines-LGBT Group (AIP), Lesbian Activism Project (LeAP!), Inc., Filipino Freethinkers (FF), Philippine LGBT Hate Crimes Watch, Queer Pagan Network (QPN), The TLF Share Collective, Rainbow Rights (R-Rights), Project, Inc., Metropolitan Community Church (MCC-QC), UP Alyansa, Outrage, GayGeeks, UP Babaylan, PLHCW and IFTAS with the support from the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC), Likhaan Center for Women’s Health, Democratic Socialist Women of the Philippines (DSWP) and the Reproductive Health Alliance Network (RHAN) other advocacy groups and allies from the women’s and human rights’ community.
In the Philippines, simultaneous Civil Rights Marches will be held in Isabela, Cebu City, Bacolod City and in Quezon City, Manila. In Manila, the event will be in Quezon City Memorial Circle from 9:00am to 12:00 noon where everyone will march around the memorial circle and gather at the Peace Bell inside the park to collectively celebrate the gains achieved by LGBT groups in the Philippines in pushing forward LGBT rights in mainstream society and to re-affirm our commitment to continue the fight for equal rights of all people regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI).
The Philippines LGBT Civil Rights March is a call to action to:
It is hoped that the April 21 Worldwide LGBT Civil Rights March will impress upon our legislators the urgent need to pass the anti-discrimination law to include the protection of LGBT rights. This will be helped greatly by a large show of numbers of the LGBT community and its supporters this coming Saturday. It is time to make a stand for the civil and political rights if LGBT persons in the Philippines so April 21, 2012 will be a celebration of LGBT rights and a testament to our continued fight for equal rights.
1. The Worldwide LGBT Civil Rights March is part of the international movement called “Let’s Reach 1 Million People Campaign… It’s a start!” for equal rights for LGBT people, to build upon the growing momentum around the world in support of equal civil rights for all LGBT. This grassroots movement will unite various LGBT activists, organizations, and all other allies on April 21, 2012 in a historic event that will project to the worldwide community the LGBT demand for FULL CIVIL RIGHTS NOW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GqSfwQ2cXY&feature=youtu.be, http://www.letsreachonemillionpeople.com/home_10.html